When: July 17th-21st, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm; Registration/check-in starts at 8:45am
Cost: $25.00 for registration before July 1st or $30.00 for late registration (after July 1st)
Who: Children from age 4* to Grade 5 (Volunteer leadership opportunities for Grades 6 and up)
*Three year olds are limited to those with siblings in the program or a parent volunteering on site.
VBS News and Photographs Site
We have a secure website where we are posting updates and photographs of the daily activities. We will be adding photographs and other content throughout the week.
(The login/password is included on the daily information half-sheet that we send home with the children.)
Theme: Hero Central: Discover Your Strength in God!
At St. Patrick’s Hero Central, campers will discover their own strength in God by encountering Biblical stories of heroes, explore God’s mission for their lives through science, games, snacks, music, and crafts, and realize qualities that make them truly heroes in God!
Parents, Please Note:
Pizza Party: All families are invited to the Family Pizza Party on Friday, July 21st, from 6:00pm-7:30pm to celebrate the week with your children, get a tour of the Hero Central Training grounds, see some of their projects, and meet the teachers.
Sunday Presentation: On Sunday, July 23rd there will be a special presentation of VBS music by the children at the 9:30 service. Don’t forget to wear your T-shirts!
Safety Reminders: Please apply sunscreen to your child’s exposed skin before Bible School and have him/ her wear sneakers as we will be playing games outside when weather permits. Drop-off and Pick-up will be in your child’s classroom.
Pick-Up Procedure: Each family sets its own password to be used by the adult picking up the child from the classroom each day. Please provide a password for your family on this registration form that only the child’s teacher and the director of VBS will see.
Please fill out the registration forms on the second and third pages for each child and send in with your check made out to St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church.
For Youth volunteering please complete this form.
Crew Emergency Form
Sunday School Decoration Days
We will continue Sunday School into June and July to gear us up for VBS Hero Central. During the 9:30 service, children will follow the cross for a short object lesson and decoration craft, and rejoin their families at the peace. Look for your children’s creations during VBS week—July 17-21.
June 4 God’s Heroes Have Heart Samuel Anoints David
We will trace our silhouettes for the brick wall of heroes & brainstorm what makes us heroes.
June 11 God’s Heroes Have Courage Abigail Saves the Day
We will create a bank for our “Hero Central” that reminds us to offer our treasures to serve.
June 18 God’s Heroes Have Wisdom Jesus Goes to the Temple
We will create a library, a place where we can all lose track of time gaining wisdom.
June 25 God’s Heroes Have Hope Beatitudes
We will decorate VBS registration- The Hero Recruitment Center– where new heroes sign in.
July 9 God’s Heroes Have Power Pentecost
We will put up a city scene showing all the places where we can serve others.
Vacation Bible School is possible because of the many donated items we receive. The VBS Donations board is in the back hallway of the church. Please check it out and consider donating an item or two to VBS this year. Thank you!
Here is a great opportunity to volunteer your time this summer. We are searching for youth crew members and adult volunteers to support our service project throughout the summer.
Service Project Details:
The VBS “Summer Lunch Bunch” service project will support the Dublin Free Summer Lunch Program at Daniel Wright Elementary. This program provides an activity period and free hot lunch to children ages 3-5 and those that have just completed Grades K-5. The Daniel Wright service project will be integrated into Vacation Bible School plans in the following ways:
- St. Patrick’s will donate playground equipment, which will be delivered to Wright by our Junior Crew.
- In an effort to provide additional food to the children over the weekends (when the free lunch program is not offered), the lunch program tries to send home Blessings in a Backpack each Thursday. We will collect food for this effort. The Youth Crew will sort the food donations and determine additional requirements during VBS. We will purchase additional food with the money that is donated by the campers (and the congregation) during VBS.
- The Youth Crew will also make blank journals to be included in the Blessings in a Backpack after VBS. In addition to the journals, lunch program students will receive a bag with crayons, stickers, markers, etc. We will ask for donations from the congregation as part of our supply list. The Youth Crew will assemble these bags.
Do you want to support the summer lunch program? Here’s your chance to help! Sign up to volunteer to support the Dublin Free Summer Lunch Program.
- Mondays through Thursdays from 10:40am – 12:40pm at Daniel Wright. It began on June 5 and runs through July 27.
- To sign up to volunteer, visit: www.tinyurl.com/volunteeratdwe
- (Please note that volunteers 18 and over need to have a background check and instructions on obtaining this are available on the link.)
- If you have any questions about the service project, please call Mary Kennedy at 614-873-6419 or Doug Langenfeld at 614-378-9636.